PledPharma in Brief
PledPharma is a Swedish specialty pharma company that is focused on the development of a new medicine, PledOx™, for prevention of the severe side effects that patients develop as a consequence of chemotherapy treatment of cancer.
Significant events during 2012/3
- Publication of clinical study, showing a decreased number of serious incidences due to chemotherapy in patients pretreated with PLED-substance, in a scientific journal
- The design of the clinical study for PledOx was approved by the Swedish MPA August 1
- Professor Bengt Glimelius at Uppsala University Hospital, a world authority within research and treatment of cancer, especially cancer in the gastrointestinal canal, coordinating principal investigator of the PledOx study
- Positive results achieved in the long term preclinical PledOx safety studies
- A new composition of matter patent application for PledOx provides additional strong and extended patent protection opportunities for PledPharma
- FDA has approved the IND application for the clinical trial with PledOx in the U.S.
- Patent “Compounds for use in the treatment of cancer” approved and issued in the U.S.
- First patient included in the PledOx™ Phase IIb study